Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Interesting...

Went to the Social Security office last Friday to get the girls' cards. I presented all the papers for the girls. The agent noticed that the date entered on McKelle's BC for having been logged into "the book" in MIXCO was dated before her birth. Oops! Thankfully, I had other documentation that verified her birth that the Social Security office could use. I came home and checked the original documents and they were in error as well. I was shocked that this was not found with all the checking of documents over the past two years. To miss this error...

My coordinator in country is looking into it and will try to straighten it out and get us a new BC with the correct log date. I hope it doesn't take too long as we would like to file for change of name and readoption in TX before Christmas.

Any how, the SS#'s should be here in a couple of weeks. Another interesting thing is that they said they couldn't issue the numbers back to back so one would have to wait a day before it could be submitted into the computer.

1 comment:

Angie's blog said...

I wonder why they can't issue back to back numbers? When I had my triplets they have back to back numbers. Wonder if that's a new rule?? That amazes me that Guat did not see the error on the BC??? Anyway, hope that you receive the SS numbers soon....one more thing out of the way:) The girls look so cute!!