Friday, October 31, 2008

Soon Very Soon....

We were told once again today that our file has not been released but it will be soon. Those should be encouraging words, but we've been told that for the past month... you are close, it will be soon, in a week, etc. It does wear on a body.

I was thinking last evening about the length this process has taken and the truth that nothing happens that's not for our good and His glory. Rather than look at the delays of this adoption as our misfortune, I am seeing it as a wonderful opportunity to bring glory to the One who suffered on my behalf. This is all much bigger than my life and what I want. This is the Lord's plan for our family and the girls we hope to adopt. He does not make mistakes, so I am the one who needs to adjust my ways of viewing this whole situation. We want to consider it all joy and do the rest of this adoption without further complaining.

It is good that the girls are staying in Guatemala because His timing is perfect. We are thankful that they are telling us it will be soon and will rejoice greatly when the Lord moves the hearts of the PGN to release our file. Yes, we are missing milestones, but we will have years with these girls. Our biological children love them even though they are not physically in our home. They pray for them nightly and consider them their sisters only living afar. It is a blessing to have included them in our lives from the time they were born. We are grateful for the referring agency, facilitator and coordinator who handle our file and work diligently on our behalf in a most difficult political situation. We have thought and prayed for people we never had otherwise. The Lord has truly blessed us in many ways but especially in the growth of our own faith in ways we would have never have chosen for ourselves otherwise. We will pray for the hearts of the PGN staff who view our file... not just for our file to be released but of most importance, their salvation. Our God is great and greatly to be praised!

4 comments:

Angie's blog said...

I am so sorry that you are still waiting. I know it's hard even though it is God's perfect will. I am hoping that the files will be released soon too!! It's funny how things work. My son is home and I am still struggling with God's will:) and his perfect timing:) I will continue to pray for those files to get released this month. God bless your children as they wait too:) My heart goes out to you guys. Thank you for your testimony.

Daphne said...

Oh... it's true it will happen in His timing. I was so angry for so long about missing my youngests milestines - 10 months in PGN, 3KO's - etc. She came home at 15 months old. Well... as time has gone by (she's been home 1 1/2 years) I can start to understand why things were what they were. It's hard, and I look back on that time and could cry... but none-the-less... she's home and God is Good! HUGS I hope you hear something soon!

Kelly said...

"The plans of the heart belong to man, but the ANSWER of the tongue is from the Lord." Proverbs 16:1

Truly, when we come to the place where we realize that it is God who is sovereignly in control of all things, we find rest and peace in His answers and His timing.

I can't help but think and see how God IS truly working all things out for your good in this situation -- as YOU are, indeed, being conformed into the likeness of His son!

Praying for you as you wait on the Lord, friend!

Amy said...

I check your post often to see what is happening. God's timing is truly perfect, but not always easy to wait on. Praying that you hear good news this week.