Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Registration

Coordinator contacted me last evening (She's in Guatemala now) and said that she was meeting with our girls to get their foot and palm prints for the registration form for the Central Authority. We are somewhat relieved that they are indeed filling out the paperwork so that we don't get caught in the gap of those KO'd and maybe missing the February deadline for registration. There has been no clarification on that point. We still do not specifically know what the definition of "grandfathered" is as it pertains to adoptions begun before December 31st. We are fairly confident, however, that our case falls within any specifications.

As of last Tuesday, we were still in PGN and on the first reviewer's desk. Many without pre-approval are not getting KO's until having been on the 2nd reviewer's desk. That could be a good thing as maybe the reviewers will have noted a list of things that need to be fixed while out and we only have one KO.

Hope to have some new pictures of the girls to post since they received a visit last night.

1 comment:

Angie's blog said...

Leah, You will probably be on a close schedule to us. I got your blog comment on our blog today. Funny because you guys have been in my favorites for a while now. I check your blog often, but never comment. If you are on the yahoo egroups, get my email from that list and email me. If you need any tips on multiples let me know, I have triplets and I am a rep for MOST. Your family portrait is great. So great that you HS too!! God Bless.