Thursday, March 20, 2008

Updated I-171H: Error?

That's right. We received our updated I-171H with new fingerprint date only to discover that the names listed at the bottom of the form were not ours! They are not even close. We've notified the USCIS of the error and hopefully they will get the correction done in a timely fashion. They had already sent the error form to the National Visa Center also. So, we are praying that the corrected form is the one that makes it to the U.S. embassy in Guatemala.

We are so thankful that we do have the technology to get some of these matters addressed more quickly than in times past. That is definitely a blessing.

Update: The USCIS corrected the I-171H error in record time. We had our newly updated form within two days of our contacting them with the error. Hurray! I sent a PDF of the form to our facilitator who in turn sent it to our Guatemalan attorney to place in our file there as proof of the updated finger prints in case there is a question later in process at the embassy. We are truly blessed to see all the Lord's work on our behalf.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Leah!
Oh that is so frustrating! I'm sure they will correct it quickly, though. According to our agency, even though PGN is speeding along, it looks like things are going very slowly on the Pink end. I sure hope we have the wind at our back. Thanks for checking in on us at our blog.
Jennifer

Jennifer said...

Hey Leah
thanks for the post on my blog. Yes, we did get a previa for no PA, but I do believe our coordinator gets some sort of receipt to show that we've re-entered. I'm hoping, anyway. Fortunately, Olivia was born in Guatemala City so hopefully birth certificate won't be too much of an issue. I had read about all of the hassles with Mixco bc's and others, so we actually stipulated that prior to our referral i.e. we requested that our referral not contain Minor issues and that baby be from Guatemala city. I hope you don't have any problem with the birth certificates. Hopefully things are moving now that it is all coming to closure. Take care,
Jennifer

rachel said...

I loved reading your blog !! Thanks for the very nice comment on our adoption website ! We're wishing you a very speedy pink in the next couple days / weeks ! We're hoping to get that long awaited PA any day now...wish us luck ! ~Rachel

Whitney said...

I remember panicking over getting the wrong state clearances....more for the family that was not getting theirs!

Praying this is all worked out quickly and the girls are out of PGN soon!

David and Marianne said...

How frustrating. I have heard over and over that adoption is not for the faint of heart... I whole-heartedly agree! We continue to keep your family and your sweet girls in our prayers!

Angie's blog said...

Yipee that you were able to get your 171 fixed!! Glad to see your back in PGN too:) Your a busy momma and don't need the added stress:) Relax while you can;) God Bless.

Forgiven Sinner said...

All I can say is Soli Deo Gloria!

We Love you guys
James & Christy